|All requests||>||Edit tables in .doc file||>||Request new recommendation||>||Featured requests||>||No recommendations|
by Nenad Milanov - 6 years ago (2016-05-28)
I would like to be able to edit tables in .doc file from Web page and write to MySQL.
I am trying to do that on a Linux server with Apache, PHP and MySQL.
1. by Manuel Lemos - 6 years ago (2016-05-30) Reply
Do you mean you want to parse a Microsoft Word document and reformat tables, then you want to extract the table data and save it to a MySQL database?
2. by Nenad Milanov - 6 years ago (2016-05-30) in reply to comment 1 by Manuel Lemos Comment
Document not must bee *.doc file. File have 10 simple tables with for example "name:" on left side and textbox for user to enter text on right.
3. by Manuel Lemos - 6 years ago (2016-05-30) in reply to comment 2 by Nenad Milanov Comment
This is a bit confusing.
Are you saying that the document is HTML, not Microsoft Word .doc format?
Do you want a solution to parse HTML tables and reformat them with those attributes of resize and justify text?
Then you to save the contents of tables in a MySQL database?
4. by Nenad Milanov - 6 years ago (2016-05-31) in reply to comment 1 by Manuel Lemos Comment
Document format is not important DOC, ODT, PDF or any format tables must remain on the webpage after filling out mysql tables something like this: ___________________________________________ |descrp: | auto resizeable table for user | | | to allow them to write long text| |________|_________________________________| descrp is one of 10 tables in my mysql database i need to allow users to read/write that tables on that way.
5. by Nenad Milanov - 6 years ago (2016-05-31) in reply to comment 1 by Manuel Lemos Comment
________________________________________ |descrp:| auto resizeable table for user | | |to allow them to write long text| |_______|________________________________|
6. by Manuel Lemos - 6 years ago (2016-06-01) in reply to comment 5 by Nenad Milanov Comment
This is still not clear. Do you want edit data from MySQL database in HTML table on a Web page?
7. by Nenad Milanov - 6 years ago (2016-06-01) in reply to comment 1 by Manuel Lemos Comment
yes i want to do that. this may be understanable, table like this: table width="377" border="1"> <tr>
<td width="94">descrpt</td> <td width="267">auto rezizable textbox for user to allow them to enter long text and fill 'descrpt' in mysql table </td>
There is an old package that can list data in a table that the user case edit in place and even save changes using AJAX. The cells adjust to the size of the content being edited.