PHP Classes

Random Families

Recommend this page to a friend!

PHP Random people  >  All threads  >  Random Families  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Random Families
Summary:Suggestion to extend class for random family tree
Author:Dave Smith
Date:2015-05-05 22:00:56

1. Random Families   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Dave Smith Dave Smith - 2015-05-05 22:00:56
Just a suggestion for the next release to include a relationship model that would allow the random generation of people for x number of generations from a single random person.

Each generation would include a mother/father pairing for an existing child expanding through the family tree.

Dave

2. Re: Random Families   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Alexander Selifonov Alexander Selifonov - 2015-05-06 07:32:49 - In reply to message 1 from Dave Smith
It's funny, i also thought about generating family related chains (or family tree), but for now i have no real task where this functionality is needed.

3. Re: Random Families   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Alexander Selifonov Alexander Selifonov - 2015-05-06 14:21:29 - In reply to message 1 from Dave Smith
Dave, i've updated class, added new sub-class for creating family tree. Available here and on github page https://github.com/selifan/randomdata

4. Re: Random Families   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Dave Smith Dave Smith - 2015-05-06 16:14:09 - In reply to message 3 from Alexander Selifonov
Excellent..

There is a missing file included on line 10

include('basefunc.php');

Didn't seem to affect the operation though, so I just removed the line.

Dave